Towards creating a professional management of government funding.
Managing loans and government financial policy affairs prudently.
- Preparation of policies and strategies related to the Federal Government loans;
- Sufficient acquisition of funds to finance the needs of the Government;
- Provision of loans to finance development projects;
- Supervision of legal matters and development matters relating to the country’s financial and capital markets;
- Handle domestic and international affairs of financial/ trusts institutions; and
- Provide actuarial services to public and private sectors.
- Formulate investment and financing policies;
- Evaluate companies and Public Private Partnership (PPP);
- Evaluate financing and risks; and
- Manage and monitor investment.
- Acquisitions of funds (by means of loans) from domestic and foreign resources for projects financing to be managed within the following time frame :
a. Borrowing approval 1 month b. Preparation and documentation approval 1 month c. Compliance with precedent conditions 2 weeks
- Lending of Federal Government to State Governments, corporations, statutory bodies and other bodies to be dealt within the following period:
a. Borrowing approval 1 month b. Preparation and documentation approval 1 month c. Loan disbursement 2 weeks
- Grant approval to borrowing agencies - 2 weeks;
- Process approval for guarantees on loans to companies and government agencies - 1 month;
- Process approval for policy recommendations, legislative changes and orders from regulatory agencies - 2 weeks;
- Control of policy compliance and appliance of regulations and legislation - 2 weeks;
- Coordinate policies on trust - 2 weeks;
- Process approval on cooperation programmes and affairs of international financial institutions - 1 month;
- Process approval on venture capital programmes - 2 weeks;
- Process approval of corporate affairs of the Government companies in venture capital - 2 weeks;
- Review salary schemes, remuneration and pensions of public sector and the implementation method for the company, corporate and government statutory bodies - 6 months;
- Review plans and schemes of social insurance for corporations, cooperatives, associations and councils - 2 months;
- Process approval of dividend rate setting for Employees Provident Fund (EPF), Armed Forces Fund Board’s dividend (LTAT) and Lembaga Tabung Haji’s reserve (LTH) - 2 months;
- Recommendation for approval to the proposed investments of the EPF, SOCSO, LTH and LTAT - 2 weeks; and
- Recommendation for approval of loans for the Tourism Infrastructure Fund - 2 weeks;
- Process approval on policy / guidelines of development fund - 1 month.