To be the focal point for international relations and issues under the purview of the Ministry of Finance.
To enhance international cooperation and safeguard national interest.
To ensure the Ministry of Finance’s position at the international level is in line with the Government’s current policies.
Formulate strategies and facilitate participation in bilateral and multilateral matters under the purview of Ministry of Finance.
Multilateral and Regional Cooperation Sector
Formulate strategies and facilitate participation in all multilateral and regional forums.
- Multilateral Section
Represent Malaysia in meetings, dialogues and forums organized by multilateral organizations including the World Bank (WB), International Monetary Fund (IMF), Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Islamic Development Bank (IDB).
- Regional Cooperation Section
Represent Malaysia in meetings, dialogues and forums organized by regional organizations including Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), Association of Southeast Asian Nations + People’s Republic of China, Japan and Republic of Korea (ASEAN+3), Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) and Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM).
Research and Negotiations Sector
Formulate strategies and facilitate participation in negotiations including FTA negotiations and carry out research.
- Research Section
Develop and implement strategies for research and monitoring the international economic and financial development and provide analysis.
- Negotiations Section
Represent Ministry of Finance in negotiations including FTA negotiations.
- Ensure efficient preparations for official working visits/missions abroad for Senior Management.
- Provide briefs and speaking notes on international issues under the purview of the Ministry of Finance to Malaysian delegation.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports on the development of the international economy and finance.
- Participate in related international meetings and negotiations.