Nation’s premier agency in fiscal and macroeconomic management.
Ensuring sustainable fiscal policy and economic growth through effective dissemination of information and professional advisory services.
- Establish fiscal policies and strategies in line with national development objectives and fiscal position of the Government.
- Monitor, analyse, formulate and report on the overall fiscal position and compliance with fiscal strategies by relevant divisions within MOF and other government agencies.
- Prepare the macroeconomic framework and projections to enable the Government to evaluate the current economic and fiscal situation as well as socioeconomic issues in line with short and medium-term plans.
- Analyse global and domestic economic and financial trends to assess the impact on the domestic economy, as well as fiscal and sosioeconomic management.
- Develop economic, fiscal and social models for short and medium term using various econometric techniques as well as other appropriate tools.
- Undertake economic, fiscal and social research to provide advice on issues that affect economic growth and Government finances as well as socioeconomic issues.
- Publish Economic Outlook and Fiscal Outlook and Federal Government Revenue Estimates, Quarterly Economic Report and monthly economic reports as well as reports/articles on current economic, fiscal and socioeconomic issues.
- Prepare Economic Outlook and Fiscal Outlook and Federal Government Revenue Estimates to be tabled in Parliament on Budget Day.
- Advise and provide inputs to the Government on economic developments to facilitate policy formulation in addressing short and medium-term issues in order to manage the economy in an affective, efficient and transparent manner:
- Organise the Annual Budget Consultation and focus group discussions to obtain views and input from the private and public sectors, industry and professional associations, universities and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) on current economic issues as well as suggestions for the formulation of strategies and measures for the National Budget.
- Prepare Economic Outlook and Fiscal Outlook and Federal Government Revenue Estimates and ensure completed with Budget Speech for international rating agencies as well as domestic and external stakeholders.
- Prepare Quarterly Economic Reports for international rating agencies as well as domestic and external stakeholders.