To assist towards excellence in financial management and accountability in the Ministry of Finance.
To conduct audits in a professional manner to enhance financial management in the Ministry of Finance.
To assist the organization achieves its objectives through a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve effectiveness of the control and governance processes.
- To review the reliability and effectiveness of the financial and internal control systems of the organization;
- To review the activities of the organizations to determine whether they are conducted in an economic, efficient and effective manner;
- To review the compliance of relevance policies, laws, rules, and regulations;
- To review the safeguarding of assets and interests of the organization against loss, fraud and abuse;
- To provide advise/views on internal controls of all systems including ICT systems;
- To carry out audits at Treasury and departments under the Ministry of Finance;
- To report audit findings to the Secretary General of Treasury and take follow-up actions on issues raised;
- To prepare the Internal Audit Annual Plan and Internal Audit Report for the approval of the Secretary General of Treasury; and
- To present the Internal Audit Report and External Audit Report in the Audit Committee Meetings.
- Issue Audit Reports or observations within a month from completion of the Audit;
- Prepare Internal Audit Annual Report before the end of March of the following year.