YB. Dato’ Seri Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah, Second Minister of Finance Malaysia will be leading the Malaysian delegation to the 41st Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) from 17-19 May 2016 in Jakarta, Indonesia. Besides the annual meeting, the Meeting of the Board of Governors will also include the following:
- 23rd Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of the Islamic Corporation for the Insurance of Investment and Export Credit (ICIEC);
- 9th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of the Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development (ISFD);
- 16th General Assembly of the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD); and
- 11th General Assembly of the International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation (ITFC).
About 2,000 participants, including heads of state, finance ministers; central bank governors and representatives from the private sector and academia are expected to attend the meeting. It will provide a platform to exchange views and ideas on economic prospects and challenges relating to its member countries. The meeting will provide opportunities for YB Minister of Finance II to exchange views on the projects funded by the IDB, capacity building programmes as well as current issues that would benefit member countries.
The Annual Meeting also serves as a platform for the seminars, workshops and other forums to address topical issues of interest to IDB member countries. Seminars include the following:
- Managing for Development Results Roundtable,
- Fighting Poverty, Improving Lives, Restoring Dignity: ISFD Strategy 2016- 2025,
- Coordination Group’s Contribution to the Development of South-East Asia and Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation
Malaysia’s participation in the IDB 41st Annual Meeting will be an opportunity to share its experience and to reaffirm our commitment in ensuring economic and financial stabilities of its member countries are given the highest priority.