|Launch Of MSC Malaysia 10th Anniversary Cyberjaya Celebration|
LAUNCH OF MSC MALAYSIA 10TH ANNIVERSARY:
TAN SRI NOR MOHAMED YAKCOP
MINISTER OF FINANCE II
18th AUGUST 2006
Y Bhg. Dato' Sri Sulaiman Abdul Rahman Taib
YAM. Tengku Azman Shah Al-Haj,
Y Bhg. Tan Sri Ir Omar Ibrahim,
2. The Government recognizes the need to drive the economy towards higher productivity and competitiveness through technology intensive and knowledge based economy, as these provide the best opportunities for transforming the economy up the higher value chain. As part of this effort, MSC Malaysia was launched to provide the catalyst and impetus to drive the development of a knowledge-based society. The Cyberjaya initiative has been put in place to spearhead the development of MSC Malaysia to become the National ICT Hub.
3. Concomitant with this objective, and to provide the necessary business conducive environment, we will continue to improve services, including infrastructure, transportation, housing and other amenities. We will ensure Cyberjaya will become more accessible and conducive for work as well as leisure.
4. Equipped with excellent infrastructure and a conducive business and physical environment, Cyberjaya has created many opportunities for Malaysians and foreign investors alike. It has enabled cutting-edge technology to reach our shores, an attractive link for local and foreign business partnerships, and a platform to enhance inter-government collaboration in trade, economic development, technology and knowledge transfer. This evolution has also contributed to Malaysia sustainability and attractiveness as one of the top outsourcing locations in the world, a preferred ICT and multimedia hub.
5. Indeed, our progress in ICT development has made a significant impact on positioning Malaysia as a preferred destination for shared services and outsourcing. We have made significant success in bringing MSC status companies to be located in Cyberjaya. Notwithstanding this, the Malaysian Government will continue with its efforts to further develop Cyberjaya, so that more of such opportunities will be created. We will continue to build capacity and capability to attract new investments to be located in Cyberjaya.
6. Cyberjaya is not just an enclave of multinationals. We are also committed to ensure that local MSC-status companies and SME thrive here through the provision of affordable rental, supporting infrastructure, and special incentives, and developmental programs.
7. Cyberjaya as a township has also raised the bar in residential living. The entire city is wired, offering inter-connectivity via broadband. Community-centric amenities have been developed to enhance the working, recreational, and living experience of community members.
8. Security and safety have also been emphasized. In this regard, Cyberjaya boasts a citywide Emergency Response Plan for the safety and comfort of the community. The plan covers emergency alerts and response for fire, flood, security breeches, and natural disasters. By the end of the year, all areas in Cyberjaya will be installed with CCTVs and these will be linked online to a dedicated and state-of-the-art police station equipped with central monitoring system.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
9. We will also be working closely with the private sector to bring technology closer to ground, allowing a more interactive consumer awareness approach for technology products and services. This event is indeed timely to carry the message forward on the benefit that Cyberjaya can offer. All these are made possible by the strong support provided by market players who uphold the ideals of Cyberjaya and MSC Malaysia. In the case of Cyberjaya, we hope more companies and individuals would come forward in making Cyberjaya a lively city, serving the need of people from all walks of life.
10. In conclusion, I would like to congratulate Cyberview for their efforts in organizing this event. We would also like to record our special acknowledgement to the public as well as private sectors for their participation.
|Terakhir Dikemaskini Isnin, 13 Februari 2012 09:41|