In conjunction with
NAIM CENDERA HOLDINGS BERHAD
10TH ANNIVERSARY DINNER & LAUNCHING
Tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
SURUHANJAYA PERUMAHAN NEGARA BHD (SPNB)
SARAWAK HOUSING DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (HDC)
NAIM CENDERA SDN BHD (NCSB)
10 April 2005
Kuching Hilton, Sarawak
Tan Sri Nor Mohamed Yakcop
Minister of Finance II
Yang Amat Berhormat Pehin Sri Dr Haji Abdul Taib Mahmud
Chief Minister of Sarawak
Ladies and Gentlemen
Assalamualaikum w.b.t. and Good Evening,
Firstly, let me congratulate Naim Cendera for its 10th anniversary and to wish NaimÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s chairman, Datuk Hamed Sepawi and Managing Director, Datuk Hasmi Hasnan many better years to come.
2. Being an active participant in the local construction and property industry, Naim has set a good example of how a Sarawak-based Bumiputera company can stand among the industry giants and continue to prosper.
3. On a personal note, I am confident that Naim will continue to become a good role model to locals to follow. For that, we congratulate Naim for their achievements and which are here to commemorate.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
5. Let me speak briefly on the housing industry in Malaysia that is now experiecing a fertile time for development particularly with the vibrant participation from the public sector.
6. The public sector is now playing an increasingly important role in the development of the housing industry and the processes related to the timely delivery of the needed supply .
7. The ever increasing demand for housing within the country has made it necessary for the Government and the private sector to work closely together in meeting the surging demand.
8. It is therefore important for the government through its related ministries and agencies to work together with the private sector in narrowing the housing gap among families and individuals who are most in need.
9. The continuation and expansion of such joint initiatives will further facilitate the development of housing through interagency collaboration and shared commitment to increasing availability of sustainable housing and supportive services.
10. It is envisioned that the partners will engage all relevant State agencies and Departments, together with community and private sector entities to actively participate in expanding housing and human service collaboration that will support success and a shared commitment to closing this housing gap.
11. The government sees the benefits of collaborative efforts between its agencies in relation to the sufficient supply, affordability and sustainable housing for all.
12. To this end, such partnership will develop new units of housing and develop more effective strategies for using existing systems to serve the target populations.
13. The Ministry of Finance through Syarikat Perumahan Negara Berhad (SPNB) welcomes the idea for the Sarawak Housing Development Corporation (HDC) to have a smart collaboration with Naim Cendera Sdn Bhd.
14. Such smart partnership and collaboration can ensure the efficiency in the development of the housing sector and the speedy delivery of the much-needed supply to accommodate the demand of locals.
15. The ministry also welcomes the initiatives undertaken by the Sarawak State Government led by Yang Amat Berhormat Pehin Sri Dr Haji Abdul Taib Mahmud in addressing the housing needs of the people. We are also giving the assurance that the housing need of the people has always been one of the priorities given under the coming Ninth Malaysia Plan.
16. With that, I conclude by thanking again to Naim Cendera for the invitation to be part of this memorable evening.
10 April 2005